Got an unpaid invoice for your Riddle account? Don’t worry – payment issues can happen to all of us.
Riddle’s monthly or yearly subscriptions can be paid using credit cards, Paypal, direct debit, or bank transfer.
If your invoices are showing up as overdue, it’s probably due to one of these reasons:
- Expired credit card – the most common reason for an unpaid invoice, most credit cards expire three years after being issued.
- Our clients use Riddle’s quiz creator for 3.7 years on average – it’s very easy to forget to update an expired credit card.
- Interesting factoid: at Riddle, we never increase prices for active subscribers.
- We still have customers on our $3/month plan from 2015!
- Blocked card alert – banks are getting more and more proactive about protecting online purchases. Your bank might flag your routine renewal as potentially suspicious.
- The good news? A quick call from the cardholder is enough to quickly fix this.
- Credit limit exceeded – if the cost of renewing your subscription will exceed your credit limit, your bank will block payment.
- API or tech issues – most online payments run flawlessly. However, just like any online process, bugs or temporary hiccups will result in an unpaid invoice.
- Human error – using manual bank transfers? Busy finance folks often misplace invoices – you might need to remind them to process payment.
I have an unpaid invoice – what happens next?
We’re big believers in fair, upfront pricing at Riddle.
You can see that in our unlimited pricing model – all our plans include unlimited quiz creation, traffic, and lead generation.
Riddle has an ‘always live’ quiz policy:
- If you cancel, we won’t remove your quizzes (if you do not have any unpaid invoices).
- However, you’ll need to log in to your Riddle.com account at least once a year – this shows us you still want/need this content.
- Don’t worry – we’ll send you lots of email reminders.
- As long as your subscription is fully paid when you cancel, your Riddle quizzes will always stay online and active – avoiding ugly holes in your site.
Please note – if you cancel, your quizzes will show our Riddle branding, any custom CSS will be removed, and all lead forms will be disabled. (Learn more)
Most other online quiz makers are like Outgrow (strict cancellation policy).
- Remove your content
- Or charge you 50% of your monthly fee if you want to keep it live.
Unpaid invoice – credit card/Paypal/direct debit
What happens if you have payment issues and you’re using Paypal, a credit card, or direct debit?
No problem – we’ll send you lots of alerts and emails, so you can easily sort things out.
- Day 0 – invoice sent, payment due
- +1 days late: 1st email alert (“Your account will be suspended – and all quizzes unpublished in 10 days”), plus showing alert for all logged in users for your account.
- +4 days late: 2nd email alert (“You have an unpaid invoice.”)
- +7 days late: 3rd email alert (“You have an unpaid invoice.”)
- +10 days late: 4th email (“Your account has been suspended & quizzes unpublished until we receive payment.”)
- +13 days late: 5th email (“You have an unpaid invoice.”)
- +32 days late: 6th email (“Last chance – your account will be cancelled tomorrow.)
- +33 days late: 7th email (“Unfortunately, your account has been cancelled.”)
Unpaid invoice – manual payment
Are you paying by bank transfer?
No problem – this is a popular option for our larger corporate clients.
You can pay your invoice by wire or bank transfer on our Pro or Team Annual plans.
- Payment terms: immediate payment (not net 30)
- -30 days before invoice date – we’ll send you a proforma invoice, to help your finance team start the payment process.
- Day 0 – invoice sent, payment due
- +14 days late: 1st email alert (“Your account will be suspended in 6 days”), plus showing alert for all logged in users for your account.
- +17 days late: 2nd email alert (“Your account will be suspended in 3 days”)
- +20 days late: 3rd email (“Your account has been suspended until we receive payment.”)
- +32 days late: 4th email (“Unpaid invoice – we will unpublish all quizzes in 3 days.”)
- +35 days late: 5th email (“All quizzes now offline”)
- +38 days late: 6th email (“Your account will be cancelled in 3 days”)
- +42 days late: 7th email (“Unfortunately, your account has been cancelled.”)
What happens if I don’t pay my invoice?
Suspending or canceling your account is something we really hate to do – it’s always our last resort.
Riddle is a software as a service company (SaaS) – our pricing model is built around automated payments and resubscriptions.
Chasing each unpaid invoice distracts our lean team from developing more and more features for our online quiz maker.
Plus, serving quizzes is expensive – our quizzes can each get thousands and thousands of visits. We can’t justify doing that for customers with an unpaid invoice.
Resolving a payment issue & reactivating your account
The good news?
Once your payment is received for any unpaid invoice, we’ll quickly reverse any account limitations – so you’ll have full access to your quiz maker subscription and content.
We’re lightning-fast on support chat – we’re big customer service geeks, and answer most messages in under two minutes flat.
If you have any questions about an unpaid invoice or your account, please don’t hesitate to ask us – we are passionate about helping our quiz maker community.