Video ads in Riddle quizmaker
Did you know that you could embed your own video ad in each quiz with Riddle’s Business plan?
Riddle’s quiz maker features a great way for you to monetize your quizzes. At the end of the quiz – right before you show the result – you can show a video ad in any place of your Riddle
The benefits? The placement of your video ad gets awesome engagement rates.
We show the ad after the last question, when your audience are most emotionally engaged. Having spent up to five minutes answering questions, they are not going to click away before seeing their results.
(Pro tip: You can also hide the continue button or delay it – showing their results after the end of the video (or after a few seconds into the video). This guarantees their full attention – and all these completed video views mean higher ad rates for you.)
Show your own video ad (or your clients’)
Riddle’s quiz maker lets you to load your own custom iFrame or a mp4 video in a block. We added this feature to give you maximum flexibility in how you want to display your video ad.
Check out these two movie trailer examples from sporting publisher 90min:
- 90min.com wowed their client with this stunning poll to help the launch of the movie Game Night, using Riddle’s custom iFrame to host a video trailer and custom CSS for a gorgeous fully branded poll experience.
- They didn’t stop there – adding a video to this very cool branded interactive story around Tomb Raider. It shows each user different questions based on their answers – and leverages the custom CSS as well and video film trailer.
Three key steps
- Please make sure that the video and the html file with the code loading the video are hosted on a SSL secured site.
- This means, the URL needs to start with HTTPS://
- Otherwise, browsers will show an error message as you cannot load non secured content into a secure iFrame.
- If your video ad is not playing on Chrome, set the video default to “mute”. Chrome has a new feature where it blocks content that autoplays audio. This is not related to Riddle in any way 🙂 – you can read more about it here on Stackoverflow.
That’s all there is to it… have any questions? Just let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org or via support chat – we’re happy to help you configure your video ad to run in our quiz maker.