Got a Wix site and want to add any of Riddle’s 15 content formats?
The good news is that we’ve made it simple for you to do – no coding required.
(If you’re new to Wix, we’re pretty impressed – they’ve done a brilliant job of creating a website builder for non-coders. It’s easy to use – and is even utilized by high end pro clients like the Premier League’s Manchester City FC.)
Video tutorial: embedding on Wix
Here’s our three minute quick video – showing you how to get up and running:
How to embed your riddle on Wix
Want the text version? Let’s get started…
- Your first step will be to create some room for your Riddle content on your Wix site.
- You can either make a new empty spot – or delete any existing content blocks in your Wix page.
- In this example, we’ll be adding a new ‘HTML embed’ section.
(Oh and don’t fret about getting the size absolutely spot on – you can always tweak it a bit later.)
Right – next, you’ll want to actually pop in the embed code for your Riddle quiz or other format:
- In the left menu, select ‘add’.
- Click on ‘more’
- And finally, ‘HTML iFrame’
Great – now that you have an iFrame placeholder in your Wix site:
- Go to Riddle.com and get your embed code from Riddle.com (you can find this in the ‘publish’ step’ when editing your riddle).
- Now pop back to WIX – then resize your iFrame by clicking/dragging the handlebars.
- Width: make it as wide as your site.
- Height: you’ll need to experiment – depending on how your quiz, but we recommend trying between half and 75% high.
- Click on ‘paste code’ and paste in your riddle’s embed code.
However, Wix has set up their website builder to not allow this – which isn’t ideal.
(We even built and submitted a plug-in to make things easier – but alas, they chose to not accept it.)
Embed your quiz on Wix – last steps
Hurrah, you’re just about set having your riddle on your Wix site!
For the final tweaks:
- You may want to shift things around or drag your HTML iFrame height/width controls a bit – to give your riddle enough room.
- Click ‘save’ and then ‘preview’ to see your Riddle quiz in action.
- We recommend checking the mobile view too – you might need to adjust things here as well.