Got a Wix site and want to add any of Riddle’s 15 interactive content formats? It’s easy to do – no coding required.
(Wix is one of the most popular website builders – it is even utilized by high end pro clients like the Premier League’s Manchester City FC.)
Video tutorial: embedding on Wix
Here’s our three minute quick video – showing you how to get up and running:
How to embed your riddle on Wix
Want the text version? Let’s get started…
- Your first step will be to create some room for your Riddle content on your Wix site.
- You can either make a new empty spot – or delete any existing content blocks in your Wix page.
- In this example, we’ll be adding a new ‘HTML embed’ section.
(Oh and don’t fret about getting the size absolutely spot on – you can always tweak it a bit later.)
Right – next, you’ll want to actually pop in the embed code for your Riddle quiz or other format:
- In the left menu, select ‘add’.
- Click on ‘more’
- And finally, ‘HTML iFrame’
Great – now that you have an iFrame placeholder in your Wix site:
- Go to Riddle.com and get your embed code from Riddle.com (you can find this in the ‘publish’ step’ when editing your riddle).
- Now pop back to WIX – then resize your iFrame by clicking/dragging the handlebars.
- Width: make it as wide as your site.
- Height: you’ll need to experiment – depending on how your quiz, but we recommend trying between half and 75% high.
- Click on ‘paste code’ and paste in your riddle’s embed code.
We’re sorry for all these steps that Wix makes you go through.
However, Wix has set up their website builder to not allow this – which isn’t ideal.
(We even built and submitted a Wix plug-in but they did not choose to accept it.)
Embed your quiz on Wix – last steps
You’re just about set having your riddle on your Wix site – for the final tweaks:
- You may want to shift things around or drag your HTML iFrame height/width controls a bit – to give your riddle enough room.
- Click ‘save’ and then ‘preview’ to see your Riddle quiz in action.
- We recommend checking the mobile view too – you might need to adjust things here as well.
Whitelisting Wix.com custom domain names in Riddle 2.0
When you use a custom domain name on WIX you need to make some changes to whitelisting on Riddle:
- Wix is not using your custom domain to serve embedded content.
- You need to whitelist usrfiles.com – NOT your own domain name.