Introducing our new quiz format – the Quiz Generator (a.k.a. Auto-Quiz), an always new, always fresh quiz experience for your audience. Instead of just one set of 6-10 questions, your quiz generator will automatically show a random new mix of questions every hour/day/week.
Your online quiz will always look and feel new to your audience, with no extra effort by you or your team.
Simply upload your questions by spreadsheet – or using Riddle’s pre-loaded question banks covering 132,000 questions in 11 languages.
Even better, you can choose the perfect mix of questions every time. For example, “Show a mix of four entertainment, three history, two math, and six sports questions to each quiz taker.”
One spreadsheet = unlimited quizzes
Completely unique to Riddle’s quiz maker, the quiz generator (auto-quiz) is very different from ‘traditional’ online quizzes.
Forget showing the same set of questions to every user.
Nope – our quiz generator (auto-quiz) lets you randomly display a new set of questions to each quiz taker, from a question bank of 10-10,000 questions.
You can either use:
- Riddle’s pre-loaded question banks – covering 11 languages and totalling 132,000 questions (all plans)
- Your own questions (CSV or XLS file) – Upload your own questions from any spreadsheet for maximum flexibility (Pro/Team plans)
(At Riddle, we’re big believers in giving you a wide variety of content choices. Our quiz maker now features 15 distinct interactive formats – from the auto-quiz to personality tests and polls, plus surveys, listicles, and more.)
Why add a quiz generator (auto-quiz) to your site?
Each auto-quiz will be an ‘evergreen’ piece of content.
Now, instead of your editorial teams having to create a series of quizzes to engage your audience – the auto-quiz is a ‘one and done’ project.
- Simply create a quiz generator (auto-quiz).
- Add questions – either from our public set of 10,000 or uploading your own.
- Select how many questions (and from which categories) to show each time.
- Set the refresh time – choose how often your quiz displays a new set of questions (every hour/day/week/month).
- Or activate the ‘Play again = display new questions’ options – and show
Show quiz takers new questions every time they click ‘play again’
Our auto-quiz / quiz generators are brilliant tools for engaging your users – one quiz, forever showing new sets of questions to your audience.
Our standard refresh tools are good – but you might want to let your users keep taking your quiz as often as they want, without having to wait until the next hour/day/week.
Now you can, with our useful feature – ‘Play again’ = show new questions.
- Every time a user clicks ‘play again’, the quiz generator will display a new set of questions.
- We’ll also show these questions to every other person who clicks play again.
- Riddle’s servers will make up to 20 of these alternate sets.
- All your users will see these – until your quiz’s refresh period (hourly/daily/weekly) is up.
- Then, your auto-quiz will generate a new ‘master’ set of questions, and your quiz process will begin all over again.
Video: showing new sets of questions with ‘play again’
Create your own trivia quiz portal
What’s better than one quiz generator? A whole page (or site) of quizzes using our quiz generator!
Now you can easily auto-create a whole series of fully interactive online quizzes – each automatically updated every hour/day/week. And you don’t even have to write the questions – you can use Riddle’s 132,000 questions, covering 52 subjects in 11 languages.
Case study – Red Bull
Who hasn’t heard of Red Bull these days?
Red Bull has moved far beyond just making energy drinks – now they’re behind some of the most well-known extreme sporting events on the planet.
One of their secrets? They’re really, really good at hooking their fans with compelling experiences – both online and off.
In this case, they used our quiz generator to power this online quiz contest about their race in Singapore.
Let’s break down why this quiz generator-powered contest worked so well:
- Red Bull first uploaded a spreadsheet of questions to their quiz generator.
- Next up – they set up their quiz generator so it showed a new set of 25 random questions for each contestant.
- This means a person couldn’t take a quiz – find out the answers, then retake. It was nearly impossible to ‘game’ the competition.
- We also loved their clever use of our quiz timer:
- They set a question time limit of 3 seconds – super difficult, and no time to Google answers.
- There was also a quiz-long time limit of 20 seconds – adding a burst of adrenaline as people tried to answer 25 questions as quickly as possible.
- Last, Red Bull popped in a contest entry form – contestants needed to add a receipt showing they had purchased a can of Red Bull.
Fan engagement AND boosting sales = that’s a great combination.
Quiz generator: live example
Check out this live quiz generator (auto-quiz), built in two minutes using our question bank of 10,000 questions across 26 subjects.
There you have it – your quiz will be a living, breathing interactive experience on your site.
- Encourage repeat visitors – people simply love taking quizzes. Give your audience a reason to keep coming back – highlight that the quiz will show new questions at regular intervals.
- Boost time on site – quizzes are powerful tools for increasing your ‘average time on site’. Quizzes average 3-5 minutes per visitor – from 50-150% better than the internet average of 120 seconds.
- Improving this key metric enhances your SEO with Google – so you’ll get more free traffic.
- Free up your content teams – instead of constant quiz creation, create one ‘always fresh’ quiz to engage your visitors.
- Run contests – an auto-quiz is a great opportunity for giveaways.
- Create a daily quiz and add a lead generation form to collect emails – refresh the questions daily, and track the points in a Google Sheet, with the highest score(s) earning prizes (read our post @ quiz contests and leaderboards).
Quiz generator – video walkthrough
Watch our co-founder Mike as he gives a short overview of how and why you should use an auto-quiz on your site:
Creating your quiz generator (auto-quiz):
Let’s take a deeper look at how to make your own quiz generator (auto-quiz) with our quiz creator.
(Want more details? Check our detailed step by step guide in our knowledge base.)
Step 1: Choose your questions
Making an auto-quiz is very similar to our other quiz formats – the main difference lies in how you add/select which questions to show.
We give you two options:
- Use our public question bank of over 10,000 general knowledge questions (featuring a range of categories and included in all plans)
- Upload your own (Pro and Team plans only) – you can easily add your own questions.
- Copy/paste from Excel or any spreadsheet program.
- Manually enter each question directly.
- Or upload your own CSV file of questions.
Making your quiz generator / auto-quiz:
- In Riddle’s quiz creator, select ‘auto-quiz’, then tap on the ‘Question Bank’ under the ‘create’.
- Pick your question bank – either Riddle’s public one or one of your own.
- Select the subcategories and categories of questions you’d like to include for this auto-quiz.
- Customize the difficulty (from 1-10, simple to super hard) and the number of questions from each category/subcategory to show each quiz taker.
World-class, geeky customer support
At Riddle, we’re unabashed quiz and customer service geeks. Instead of outsourcing, our entire team – from our CEO to engineers – take pride in helping our partners.
So put us to the test – if you have any questions about our quiz generator/auto-quiz, ask on support chat or at firstname.lastname@example.org/blog.
If we’re awake (7am to 10pm UK time), we try to answer every message in under two minutes flat. Boom!