What is a survey?
Riddle surveys are a fun way to find out what your audience thinks about any topic. Ask multiple choice or or open text questions - then download and analyze the responses.
Why create a Riddle survey on your website?
- Gather valuable insights about your audience
- Quickly create and embed beautiful surveys on your site - in under five minutes
- Collect more leads - add a lead generation form to qualify every sign up around their survey answers
Elle magazine in Germany loves to use Riddle’s surveys to collect data about their audience. Take a look at this live example:
Is it easy to build a survey?
Absolutely - Riddle’s is simple and intuitive to use. You’ll have your first survey up and running on your site in just minutes - with no coding skills necessary.
Are you using Wordpress? Our free plug-in lets you create and publish your surveys directly from within your Wordpress dashboard.
Make asking (visually) awesome
Surveys don’t have to be dull. Add eye-catching images, videos, and animated GIFs through:
- Getty Images
- Upload your own photos
Gather email addresses through a lead form
- Display a sign up form after the last question (and before your thank you message)
- Collect name, email, age and other information
- Use our form builder - or add your own from your AWeber or MailChimp account
- Copy and paste in your own forms using our In-Survey iFrame
Send data to your marketing software
Automatically send follow up emails
- Surveys are natural ways to learn more about each user
- Qualify and segment leads based on their answers (Ex. Each person who responded ‘I’m unsatisfied with my phone company.’ could be a hot lead.)
- Follow up with automatic messages - personalized around their results for improved conversion rates
Check out these three live examples:
How can I customize my survey?
Let us count the ways ...
(we’re big Shakespeare geeks at Riddle)
Just like our quizzes and polls, you can change pretty much every element of your survey. Start with picking the perfect colors and fonts to match your website’s look and feel.
Choose from over 30 languages, including French, German, Japanese, and Malay. (Would you like us to add another language? Just let us know.)
Why stop there? You can also:
- Create the perfect thank you page: Show your audience how much you appreciate their help - say thanks with the perfect combination of images, GIFs, and text.
- Customize Twitter sharing: Help your survey go viral - change the message your users’ friends will see. Include hashtags and links to get more responses. #sweet!
- Hide the start page: Skip the intro page to display question #1 to your audience. Showing a question boosts interaction rates - so you get more feedback from your users.
Looking for more? Check out our advanced customization options with our ENTERPRISE and PRO plans:
- Use your logo: 100% white label your survey by removing the Riddle branding and adding your own.
- Match your site’s fonts: Build your survey using your exact site font. Designers love this - we support all fonts available through Adobe TypeKit, Google Fonts, Fonts.com and more. (Some of these might require a subscription.)
- Customize your CSS: Unleash your creativity and modify any visual element for your surveys. Take control over styling your border, buttons, text, and more - and seamlessly match your embedded survey to the design and feel of your website.
Why are surveys so useful?
Asking people their opinion is simple - and powerful. It’s human nature - people love to give their feedback.
You can gain valuable insights about anything from:
- Market research - “What features would you like on a new widget?”
- Customer satisfaction - “How happy are you with our support?”
- Content strategy - “What types of stories would you like to see?”
Your audience will be pleased that you’re asking their opinions - especially when they see you act on their feedback. Turn your audience into your biggest advocates - and benefit from their word of mouth recommendations to their friends.
In addition to happy customers, you’ll gain critical data to help guide every facet of your business.
- Post weekly surveys on your site
- Find out what makes your most loyal customers tick
- Learn why lapsed users haven’t come back.
Go beyond trusting your gut instinct or ‘what feels right’ - and ask, ask, ask your audience some more.
You won’t regret it.