Unlimited quiz creation, customization, and email collection - with Riddle branding. Unlimited lead collection and storage - send to MailChimp, AWeber, and many other CRM tools.
$ 39 per month
$ 29 per monthView all quiz features
All the features of BASIC - plus 100% white labelled. Add your own logos, then redirect your leads based on quiz results - with our call to action buttons or custom landing pages.
$ 69 per month
$ 49 per monthView all quiz features
Riddle helps our Children's Interactive team to quickly create engaging content that provide compelling data insights about our audience.
Welcome to Riddle! Watch our quick five minute video introduction to our online quiz maker – from our co-founder Mike.
You’ll learn how to:
- Create your first online quiz
- Collect emails with a lead generation form (and sync to tools like ActiveCampaign)
- Customize & white label your quiz
- Publish and embed your quiz on your site
And best of all? No coding required.
9 top tricks to becoming a quiz master
Creating a quiz is easy – but there are some tips and tricks that will help your quiz stand out.
Watch our co-founder Mike as he shares the nine top secrets that makes quizzes succeed. You’ll learn how to craft a killer title, choose the right number of questions, and write quiz results that get shared.
All of these tips will boost how many people start your quiz, fill in the lead form, and then share the results with their friends on Facebook, Twitter, and other platforms.
23 of our favorite quizzes – live examples
Want to see how our global partners like the BBC, Red Bull, and CNN use Riddle’s quiz maker?
Check out these 23 live example quizzes – learn from these quiz masters and apply these best practices when you create your own quiz!
Additional quiz maker resources
If you’re wanting to dive deep into quiz marketing after our video introduction, we recommend you check out our free e-book “Quizmaster”.
You can download your free copy here – it’s full of our in-depth best practices behind building your next personality test, quiz, or other interactive content.
Our cofounders Mike and Boris have over 20 years of combined quiz marketing experience – and wrote this to help new quiz marketers get up and running.
Do you have any questions about our video introduction?
If you have any questions, just ask us on support chat – we’re big customer service geeks, and race each other to answer first.
(Don’t believe us? We’re averaging 1 minute 47 seconds response time – we like being fast!)
You can also check out our ‘Start here’ section in our help center – 4 easy steps to create a quiz, add a form to collect emails, then publish on your site.
Absolutely – Riddle’s online quiz creator is super WordPress-friendly.
You can use our plug-in here – no coding required:
Or you can paste our embed code on your WordPress.org site:
- Download and install our free WordPress plug-in.
- Make an online quiz on Riddle
- Copy & paste your quiz embed code into the text editor.
- (The plug-in is really just a short cut – so you can paste in the short code for your Riddle.)
- You can accomplish the same functionality using our standard embed codes though, following these steps:
- On the publish screen in Riddle, copy the standard embed code.
- In WordPress, switch from the visual to the text editor and paste the code where you want to see the riddle.
- That will put your riddle into the post or page.
Here’s a handy video overview showing how to get started with our quiz maker plug-in:
One note: This is designed for folks using a self-hosted WordPress.org site.
Are you using a free WordPress.com account? Alas, WordPress.com won’t allow any iFrames (like Riddle’s quizzes) to be embedded on your site.
Great question – while our BASIC and PRO plans are single user, our multi-user TEAM plan was designed so multiple people could collaborate and create quizzes together.
Teams – video overview
Key features: Multi-user Team plan
- Add unlimited numbers of teams – by client or by department – ‘editorial’, ‘marketing’, etc. Your team includes 10 free users – and each additional user is $19 a month.
- Individual log-ins – everyone gets their own log-in, and can collaborate and create quizzes together.
- Different access levels – control editing and publishing with three levels of permissions – admins, editors, and authors. Everyone can create, but only approved people can actually publish content.
- Team style templates – keep branding consistent. Save your own combinations of your custom fonts, CSS, and other styling. Apply with just a click – saving time and keeping your quizzes brand-consistent.
Is there a limit to the number of teams?
Nope – create away. 🙂
We’ve seen people set up teams by function – editorial, marketing, etc.
Our multi-user Teams feature is great for agencies working with clients – you can set up a completely separate team workspace for each client. Your internal team can view all teams – but each client will be limited to their own workspace.
Invite the right people to each project – and let their creativity run wild.
How many people can I invite?
Our standard Team license includes 10 team users. For extra licenses, it’s $19 a month for each additional seat.
How to add a new team to your account?
- Simply click on the top right menu
- Then ‘teams’
- Name your team, then invite your colleagues (you can see the details about the admin/editor/author access levels here)
(We’re a fully accessible quiz maker – so we like to add these video transcripts to our blog, to help folks who are using screen readers and the like.)
Hi there, my name’s Mike and I’m one of the co-founders over here at Riddle.
Thank you very much for taking a look at Riddle quiz maker. I’m going to give you a quick overview of our team and our multi-user features.
If you have a large organization or if you’re working as an agency across a number of different clients, you can have different teams set up for each workspace or each department.
Just pop over here into our team’s section and you can create a team and each team. Now this is just my demo team, but it could be marketing or sales or client.
Once you create a team and then you’ll invite members by email and each member can have a different level of access. And again, this is really good for different responsibilities.
Administrators are super users. They can set templates, invite people, things like that.
Editors can use the teams and create unlimited content, but they can’t change the structure.
And then authors are great for clients. Authors can create or edit content, but they can never push publish or push changes live; they’ll need to get an editor or an admin to take a look at it.
And then the other cool thing about our team feature is that you have a team style template.
I’m going to quickly create a quiz here, but when you are a team administrator, you can pop over to our team styles and you can set and save each template. This is brand A, and then every time you make a change, maybe you’ll change the footer to obviously hide Riddle and maybe I’ll change the color to this lovely pink. And then, click save this and this is all saved going forward.
Once you have gone through all of these changes, maybe you’ve gone down to our custom fonts.
And maybe you upload your own font, or want the font to be a Google Font, and maybe you want to change some success as well, once you are all set, you just click save and this is forever usable going forward.
So those are our custom team styles, templates and our team features.
Any questions about that? If you want a quick walkthrough or need additional information, just use our support chat down here and you’ll find that myself, my co-founder, Boris, our entire team actually race each other to respond.
There’s a monthly beer competition involved for the person who answers the most tickets. So we like helping.
So any questions? Just let us know. Thanks again. And Happy Riddling.
Right – so the best way to get people to see your Riddles is to embed them on your site then share them.
But you can also just share the URL with your audience directly – via email or however… you can get this in the ‘Publish’ step: www.riddle.com/showcase/######/quiz (the name and numbers will change slightly based on your specific quiz).
But we highly recommend your quiz embedding on your site… That way, however it is discovered and shared (User A posts on FB, User B sees and shares on Pinterest, and so on) – all of the viral traffic keeps coming back to your site. Otherwise, by posting the riddle.com URL, everyone comes back to us.
Here’s an overview of five options how to share your Riddle quiz:
Hope that helps but just let us know if we can assist further.
Absolutely – we offer a moneyback guarantee. Try our quiz maker risk-free for up to 30 days.
Our free 14 day trial is full featured:
- All quiz maker features
- All lead generation options
- No caps or limits on quizzes, quiz takers, or leads
If you do decide to upgrade, you then have another month to decide if Riddle is what you’re looking for.
Any questions? Get answers in two minutes flat.
And we’re here to help! Our entire team races each other on customer support, from our CEO Boris on down.
Average response time? Under two minutes – boom!
How to use our moneyback guarantee
And hey – no worries at all.
If Riddle does not completely meet your needs, just drop us a note via support chat or at email@example.com.
We stand by our moneyback guarantee, and will happily refund your money straightaway – no questions asked.
Our 14 day trial period gives you full access to every Riddle feature.
We don’t believe in limiting what (and how) you use our quiz maker tools.
Nope – you’ll have full access, so you can decide which features would best suit your needs. (Check out this handy guide about choosing the right plan for your requirements.)
After the trial, any quizzes that you have created and embed on your site will always stay live.
You’ll just lose the ability to edit your Riddle, view stats, or download any leads.
But your content itself will always be available for your audience – we don’t think it’s good karma to delete quizzes post-trial.
(One note – if you use our white label features to hide our branding or add your own, this will revert on your embedded Riddles at the end of your trial period to show our lovely Riddle logo.) 🙂
Absolutely! Unlike (cough, cough) mobile phone companies, we’re big believers in flexibility.
You can cancel our monthly plans at any time.
Our annual plans include a hefty discount (up to 33%) in return for you paying in advance for the year. You of course can cancel any time – but we can’t give refunds on any unused months.
How can I cancel my Riddle subscription?
It’s super simple:
- In the top right menu, click ‘account’ > ‘subscription’.
- Click ‘View payment details’.
- Click the arrow next to your plan.
- Then click ‘cancel’.
Here are some more details:
- The good news – quizzes that you created and embedded on your website will always (always!) stay live.
- Yup, that’s correct – no matter if you cancel your subscription, we’re big believers that your content always belongs to you.
However, to stay a healthy business, we do need to limit the free usage of Riddle a bit.
If you decide to not subscribe, some of our premium features will disappear including:
- Our Riddle logo will appear below your quiz content – and any custom logo you uploaded will not be shown.
- We might show a small text box saying “Quiz Maker powered by Riddle” (or something similar) below your quiz.
- If you used our CSS editor, any custom CSS you entered will be revert back to our standard look and feel.
- Lead forms won’t be shown – our lead collection options only work during the free trial or as an active subscriber.
- Access to the stats and to the edit mode of your Riddles will be disabled.
Fear not – that may look like a long list – but the important thing is that your quiz will always be live for your audience to enjoy.
And hey – you can always renew your subscription at any time for full access.
Yes, all of our quiz maker plans renew automatically for the period you selected when you made the initial purchase.
(For example, if you bought a Pro monthly subscription, it will renew every month. If you subscribe to our annual plan, it will resubscribe you for the next year.)
If you do not wish to auto-renew, no problem at all.
Control your auto-renew settings
You cancel the renewal at any time by clicking on Account > Subscription > Select ‘more’ under subscription – then ‘View Payment Details’ > click on ‘billed every month/year’ and select a cancellation option.
Or you can always ask us about your cancellation or renewal options via support chat – we’re lightning-fast at responding to customer questions.
At Riddle, we like keeping things nice and flexible – easy sign up with no pesky set up or admin fees, plus you cancel at any time.
This carries over to our payment options:
- Credit card – Visa, Mastercard, American Express
- Direct debit – all 32 EU/EEA countries + Switzerland, UK, and (coming soon) the USA
You’ll receive an invoice every month – and you can also add an extra billing contact (if you’d like them to automatically receive a copy).
Want to be invoiced?
Sure, we’d be happy to invoice you – however issuing/sending invoices involve bank fees and a lot more manual effort on our part.
We’re a lean team and our business model is built on automatic payments via credit cards/PayPal/direct debit – so we have to add an extra cost to cover the costs.
We only do these for our annual Team plans.
We add a $100/£100/€100 cost to each payment to cover these extra steps. (Our data shows that each invoice renewal requires an average of 5.7 emails from us to various finance departments – before payment is issued.)
Our payment terms are net 30 – we’ll need to add a $100/€100/£100 late charge for payments received more than 30 days after the invoice date.
For the invoice – we’d just need you to send us:
- your billing address
- finance contact name and email
- Plus any internal PO# you’d like us to add
We’d then send you the invoice – as well as a copy directly to the finance contact. Payment is Net30.
We’re pretty proud of our ‘unlimited’ pricing model – all of our plans (Basic, Pro, and Team) include:
- Unlimited quizzes – create as many riddles as you like.
- Unlimited leads – collect as many emails and quiz responses as you want.
- Unlimited views – no caps on how many people take, share, and enjoy your quizzes, polls, or surveys
Seriously – the only small print is that we have a limit of 10 million (yup, that’s ten million) views per month.
That’s a LOT of traffic; only 0.23% of our customers ever get close.
And we know anyone can have a surprise viral hit – so the first time around, we’ll just contact you and give you a heads up.
And the next time, we’d just ask you to help cover our server costs for all that traffic – at $125 for each additional group of 10 million views.
Need a custom contract, data processing agreement, or storage solution?
But no matter how generous our plans, we know that brands or publishers can have their own special requirements.
We’re always happy to help – just ask us on chat (we’re fast – really fast – to respond; you’ll most often get our cofounders Mike or Boris).
You might need us to create a custom plan for you if you require:
- Custom contract – We’ve been around since 2014, and our standard agreement has been used ‘as is’ by many of the biggest brands on the planet. We’re happy to look at minor changes – but for anything major, we’ll need to get our lawyers involved.
- Special data storage – Riddle is a fully GDPR-compliant quiz maker. All our data is stored on our own EU-based servers (no cloud-based storage) in Germany and Luxembourg. However, if you need something unique – please talk to us about our custom data solutions.
- Custom data processing agreement (DPA) – Just like our contract, our standard DPA works for almost every company. Needs to use your company’s DPA or require substantial changes to ours? We’ll need to get our own legal folks involved.
Custom plan pricing
We hope our standard plans will meet your needs.
Just talk to us if you need a more tailored solution – we’ve a proven track record of adapting to our clients’ requirements.
Our custom enterprise plans start at $2,500 a month.
The back story?
We’re a lean team at Riddle.
Our team is almost entirely engineers, and our business model is based around automated purchasing and billing.
This lets us stay laser-focused on adding more and more features to our quiz maker – with super-competitive pricing.
As a first step, just ask us on support chat – we look forward to chatting with you!
Our teams love Riddle’s flexibility. We can rapidly create and deploy unique branded quizzes and other content for our clients’ custom campaigns.