Quiz creator for sports teams
Why do sports teams use Riddle's quiz maker?
Global sports teams trust Riddle
Riddle's online quiz creator lets teams like the NFL's Chicago Bears, Manchester United, Chelsea FC, and the NBA's Chicago Bulls quickly create and embed quizzes, polls, surveys, and more.
- Fire up your fans - create 15 quiz, poll, and other interactive content formats.
- Fully responsive for mobile and desktop - get fans talking (and sharing).
- Ask questions and engage your audience - collect emails and quiz responses to power your marketing.
- Ideal for sponsored content - customize, brand, and embed 100% white labelled quizzes on your team's site.
The Chicago Bears drafted Riddle's quiz creator
The NFL's Chicago Bears are big fans - they create timed, branded quizzes (with their sponsors' logos) before each game, like their "Test your knowledge - 9 questions about the Bears vs. the 49ers" quiz:
(We love how the Bears leveraged our CSS editor to fully brand their quiz and match their site's look and feel, from buttons to border styles and hover states.)
Create 15 types of quizzes - personality tests, listicles, polls, and moreTest your fans:
- Order it
- Tap and find
- Personality test
- Interactive story (with conditional/branching logic)
- Ranked poll
- Reaction poll
- Ranked list
- Social story
- All our quiz types support lead generation.
- Or embed a standaline lead generation/contest entry form
The 49ers, Patriots, and Giants craft trivia quiz portals
Fans love taking more than one quiz - smart teams make quiz portals put all their interactive content in one place, perfect for fan engagement both on- and off-season.
Check out these three great examples, using Riddle's 15 online quiz formats:
- San Francisco 49ers - check out their sponsored Trivia HQ uses everything from audio quizzes to polls and contests
- New York Giants - the Giants love firing up their fans with quizzes around each stage of the season, from regular season to the playoffs.
- New England Patriots - the Patriots' content team get super-creative, with quizzes like "Who tweeted this?" and the viral (and cute) "Patriots' Baby Photo Quiz".
Quizzes fuel fan feedback
Make an online quiz to get your fans talking (and sharing).
Fun fact: Did you know? Every fan who starts a poll, quiz, or other interactive content stays 57% longer.
More time on site = more committed fans
(Plus - it's a great for Google SEO and for proving your content rocks with your team's stakeholders.)
Polls power BBC Sports' fan engagement
Check out the BBC's reaction polls at the bottom of the page - letting fans sound off on the fate for three new managers for Premier League clubs (averaging 20,000 responses each -and counting!):
Quizzes go viral. Very viral.
The marketing mavens at AdWeek called "quizzes are the most shared content".
Social sharing is powerful - building buzz and sending all that free traffic to your team's site.
Each of our 14 quiz formats included in Riddle's quiz creator feature built-in social sharing:
Make a quiz - then craft custom the social sharing for each network.Pop in your hashtags, text, links and more - to drive your team's messaging for each social channel.
Chelsea FC scores with quizzes
English Premier League Chelsea FC has millions of followers globally who cheer on their Blues.
Chelsea's editorial teams create weekly quizzes around each game, as well as holiday-themed ones like this "Chelsea's Advent Calendar: Day 4 Quiz" - that they localize can for their overseas sites (Riddle supports 67 languages):
Collect fan email addresses and quiz responses
Gather leads online as well as contest entries using our online quiz creator.
- Make your own forms with our drag/drop lead form builder.
- Choose from 16 types of fields to collect emails, demographic, and other info.
- Display your form right before their results - when they're most engaged.
- Get opt-in rates of over 40% - that's more than 20X the 2% that standard lead generation tools achieve.
The NBA's Chicago Bulls slam dunk quizzes
The Chicago Bulls regularly create a quiz to build fan enthusiasm or support their marketing campaigns.
Check out their awesome "Run with us" quiz and contest around their YouTube video series:
(This quiz scored big-time for their marketing team -70% of all quiz takers entered to win, opting in for Chicago Bulls email marketing.)
Sync leads with your marketing software
Riddle's quiz maker plugs into over 1,500 different marketing software tools, from SalesForce to Constant Contact, Marketo to MailChimp.
- Easily send all those fan leads and their quiz data to your marketing software - with no expensive coders or agencies necessary.
- Leverage all this rich quiz data - qualify and tag each fan using their quiz responses.
- Use deep insights to send each fan the right follow message at the right time - personalized to their needs and interests.
Guinness 6 Nations quizzes get a 'try'
The premier event for European rugby, the Guinness 6 Nations has a storied history - and hugely passionate fan base.
The tourney test their fans' knowledge with a series of tricky trivia quizzes - for online bragging rights they can share on social.
100% white labelled - your quiz, your team
Create a quiz and add your logo for 100% team-branded content.
- Match your quizzes to your team's site - from branding to fonts, colors and more.
- Over 40 customization options
- Complete font freedom - upload your team's font or link to any Google/Typekit/Fontdeck font.
- Get creative with our CSS editor - customize almost anything, to seamlessly blend into your site. (Don't know CSS? We're happy to help.)
Show fans different offers or content - based on quiz results
Riddle's quiz creator makes it simple for sports organizations such as Premiership Rugby, the Premier League's Manchester United, and many others to automatically show each fan different content or landing pages based on their quiz answers.
- Call to action buttons - pop in a button at the end of any quiz.
- Use different text and URLs for each quiz result.
- Quiz result landing pages - automatically send quiz takers from your quiz to any URL.
The Lawn and Tennis Association (home of the world-famous Wimbledon tournament) excels at using quizzes with "Call to action" buttons to both entertain and grow their passionate tennis fans.
Take a look at their 'Viking Open Nottingham - What Happened Next?' quiz for example.
Quiz takers answer five video questions using highlights from the tournament. Then, they get the chance to click on a call to action button to sign up for the LTA's 'Fan Advantage' - helping grow their marketing list in a GDPR-compliant way.
Collaborate with your colleagues
Sports teams win when they work together. We created Riddle's quiz maker with a a flexible team feature to help you create a quiz with your colleagues:
- Add any number of teams (ex. marketing/editorial/sales).
- Easily invite your coworkers and sponsors to each team.
- Control access with three different roles (author/editor/admin).
Manchester City FC festive poll
Who says polls have to be serious?
English Premier League Champions Man City created this brilliant 'Ugly Sweater' contest- using our poll format to ask their fans to vote on their team's best (or worst?) ugly sweater for a chance to win free tickets:
Got a question how to create a quiz for sports teams?
C'mon - don't be shy.
Ask us anything from quiz making to powering your fan marketing funnel- we're huge customer service geeks and love to help out.
That's part of our team DNA - you'll see everyone from our CEO Boris on down racing to answer your question first.
So fire away on support chat or email (email@example.com) - from "How do I make an online quiz go viral?" to "What's the best way to collect leads online?", we're happy to help.
Riddle’s online quiz maker is being used by hundreds of professional sports teams and leagues around the world, including the Chicago Bulls, Manchester United, Wimbledon (LTA), Chelsea FC, and the ATP Tour.
Check out 23 of our favorite sports quiz examples live on our partner sites.
Online quizzes are powerful branding opportunities for sports teams and their sponsors. Each quiz can be 100% white-labelled - from logo to fonts, colors, and graphics. And, fans will engage with a sponsored online quiz for three to five minutes. That’s a lot of brand exposure.
Plus, each online quiz or poll is dynamic interactive content - that’s much more effective than just adding a static sponsor’s logo to a page or article. Insert the sponsor’s videos, ads, images, or other content - or collect the names and emails of quiz takers using an in-quiz lead generation form.
Sports teams use online quizzes for two major use cases - engagement and lead generation/data collection.
On the engagement side, online quizzes and polls are brilliant for getting fans involved. Teams can quickly create and embed their own content before or after each game - no coding or agencies required. Use cases range from ‘Who was the best player?’ after each game to create online trivia quizzes to keep fans involved in the off-season.
Each quiz or poll is also an opportunity to grow your team’s email list. Add an in-quiz lead generation form to collect names and emails from up to 45% of quiz takers, then automatically sync that info with your team’s email marketing tool or CRM.
And you’ll also be able to tag and segment fans based on their quiz responses, so you can send the right offer to the right fan at the right time. For example, a fan who answered ‘1-2 games’ to ‘How many games do you go to each season?’ could be tagged as a ‘casual fan’ - you could entice them with discounted ticket offers to try and get them more involved.