The Auto-quiz: One quiz, infinite possibilities
Introducing our newest quiz format at Riddle - the auto-quiz. Traditional quizzes show the same questions to every user in a 'one and done' type of format.
The auto-quiz is entirely different.
Powered by our quiz maker, it randomly displays a new set of questions to each quiz taker every hour/day/week - for an always fresh, always new engagement experience.
Upload your spreadsheet of questions or use our bank of 10,000 questions - for easy to create, powerfully flexible quiz for your audience. Add question timers and quiz leaderboards - and you've got a ready-made social quiz competition on your site.
Check out this 15 question auto-quiz - we set it to continually show a new set of questions (drawn from 6 categories and difficulty levels):
Customize the exact mix of questions - from category (e.g. 'Sports'), subcategory ('Sports:Soccer'), and difficulty (1=easy to 10=hard).
IMAGE of categories and question mix
Why make an Auto-Quiz for your site?
Designed for busy content teams, every auto-quiz you create is an ‘evergreen’ piece of content - automatically showing new questions. Forget having to make a completely new quiz every week to keep your audience engaged.
You can build your own auto-quiz in four easy steps:
- Just create an auto-quiz
- Choose your questions – upload your own set, or pick from our free bank of 10,000 questions
- Decide on the number of questions (and how easy/hard) for each category
- Pick the refresh rate - your quiz can call up a new question set every (hour/day/week/month)
Create an auto-quiz: video overview
Check out our quick walkthrough - including tips and best practices to create a quiz for your audience using the Auto-quiz:
Auto-Quiz: sample use cases
Auto-quizzes excel as 'test your knowledge' experience. You can quickly upload from 10 to 10,000 questions - with answer explanations to show why a question is right or wrong.
- Trivia challenges - 'How much do you really know about
- Competitions - 'Take our weekly quiz challenge - the top 10 finishers win
- Inform - 'Top up your
knowledge' to educate and inspire your audience
The BBC is a big fan of the Auto-Quiz polls
The British Broadcasting Corporation continually amaze us with their creativity.
Check out the BBC Archives team's 'Trivia vault' - they uploaded 1,000 questions about all things BBC-related. It refreshes every hour - perfect for increasing return engagement.
The Auto-Quiz: the advantages
Get more repeat visitors – most folks can't resist a good quiz. An auto-quiz provides a reason to come back to take the next bunch of questions (e.g. "Come back for our daily trivia quiz!")
- Increase your time on site - you can't beat a quiz for boosting your ‘average time on site’. With 10-15 questions, each quiz taker will spend 3-5 minutes on your site (up to 150% better than the internet average). More time on site = better SEO from Google, improving your search rankings so you get more free traffic.
- Free up your editorial teams – they can make one 'always fresh' quiz, then move on to other projects.
- Quiz contests - quizzes are addictive, especially paired with a quiz leaderboard and a prize. Add a lead form to your daily quiz to collect entries and grow your marketing list.
Collect emails with a lead generation form
Riddle's quiz maker features powerfully flexible online lead generation technology.
- Add a form to your auto-quiz - collect the name, email, and other information from each quiz taker.
- Quizzes rock at lead generation - they get up to 35-40% opt-in rates (20X standard pop-ups).
- Seamlessly sync all that data - connect to ActiveCampaign, MailChimp, Google Sheets, or any other CRM tool.
- Automate your marekting funnel - send personalized follow-up messages in your quiz-powered marketing funnel.
Do you have any questions about the auto-quiz?
From the auto-quiz to personality tests, lead generation to quiz ideas, we're big quiz geeks.
Our founders wrote "Quizmaster" - the only book focused entirely how to effectively use quizzes for marketing.
And we're passionate about customer support.
Ask anything on our support chat or email (email@example.com - and watch our entire team race to answer first.
Our average response time? 67 seconds. Boom!