Step 1: What quiz should I create?
Want to create your first quiz – but aren’t sure what type?
- Quiz: A series of ‘right/wrong’ questions, your users will get a ‘You got X out of Y correct… You’re <result name>!’ type result.
- Personality test: No correct or incorrect answers – instead, each person gets an overall result, based on how they answered the questions. Ex. ‘What’s your travel style?’ – ‘Beach lover’, ‘City slicker’…)
- Journey: Our ‘choose your own adventure’ style quiz – the branching logic shows each user a question based on their previous answer. (Ex. ‘What computer should I buy?’)
- Tap and find: Get your audience to search, tap, and find answers in images. Two fun modes: ‘image search’ and ‘spot the difference’.
- Order it: Challenge your audience to arrange quiz items in correct order (ex. (“Arrange Star Wars movies by release date”).
- Opinion poll: Ask one question with our classic poll. Users can select their favorite answer – and see the overall results.
- Reaction poll: Your audience gives their opinion using a slider to express ‘Strongly agree’ (or like) to ‘Strongly agree’ (or dislike).
- Ranked poll: Our newest poll – get your users to drag/drop their favorite choices in order. (Ex. ‘Rank these 80’s movies’)
- List: the classic listicle is great for showing content in an easy-to read format (‘9 cities to visit this year’, ‘7 classic interview mistakes’).
- Upvote list: a list meets poll, your audience will upvote their favorites (‘Who played best in this week’s game?’)
- Survey: Find out what people really think – with single, multiple choice, and free text downloadable answers.
- Social story: Quiz meets blog post – create a rich long-form story. Embed social media, images, and other Riddle quizzes.
You copy also copy any of our quiz templates directly to your account – to try out and edit to make your own.
Want inspiration on how to use any quiz style? We have dozens of our own quiz templates that you can use – simply copy any of our own template Riddles directly to your account.
- Click on any quiz type
- Select the eye icon to preview and play the quiz
- Click the ‘+’ to add this template to your account
Check out these live examples of Riddles in action to get inspired – next up? Create your own! Riddle is super intuitive – the best thing to do is just get started:
- Pop quiz: Formula 1 and the NBA’s Chicago Bulls
- Personality test: Grubhub and Nando’s
- Reaction poll: BBC Three (bottom of page)
- Ranked poll: Arsenal FC
- Opinion poll: Manchester City FC
- Spot the difference: BBC Children’s
- Order It: Chelsea FC
- Ranked list: BBC Music
- Survey: Which?
- List: Arsenal FC
- Social story: Smooth FM
- Tap & Find (with quiz timer): BBC Children’s
- Interactive story (branching logic): 90min.com (sponsored quiz including in-quiz iFrame and custom CSS)
Check out some of our favorite examples to get your creativity flowing: