Animated GIF’s are massively popular today. You’ve probably seen them online in your social feed on Facebook or Twitter – those quirky or funny looping animations that instantly catch your eye. They work on Riddle’s quiz creator too. Here’s how you can make a quiz with animated GIFs for a big lift in virality and engagement.
Make a quiz with animated GIFs: Image sources
How can you find the perfect animated GIF for your quiz?
There are a number of sites with thousands of GIFs to choose from – but the most famous is Giphy.com.
- Simply search and find the perfect GIF.
- In the ‘advanced’ section, click ‘download’ to save this GIF to your computer.
- Add this to your Riddle quiz using the ‘Upload image’ option.
You can also do an image search on Google:
- Simply add ‘animated GIF’ to your search term (ie. cats animated gif)
- Paste the image URL into the image search field.
Make a quiz with animated GIFs: Create your own
Want to build your own animated GIF?
- You can use free online tools like Giphy or GifCreator.
- Or, you can use image-editing tools like Photoshop – here’s a good quick tutorial.
Make a quiz with animated GIFs: Image specifications
Any GIF generally needs to be under 250KB. (This is a limit from our image hosting provider.)
If you find that your GIF doesn’t appear after you load it on Riddle, you should look at the file size.
To reduce the GIF’s file size:
A GIF’s file size is a little quirky. It’s the total resolution x the number of frames.
Our image provider has a 50MB limit for your GIF’s total file size.
For example – a 640 x 480 GIF with 120 frames = 36.8MB (all good!)
If your file is too big, you’ll need to shrink at least one of the following:
- # of frames
- image quality
- image size (for Riddle’s 16:9 aspect ratio, 960×540 is recommended)
Any questions? Just let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org!
(We’re big customer service geeks at Riddle, and everyone from our CEO Boris Pfeiffer on down race each other to help our community with questions.)
PS. Want to see how our partners make a quiz with animated GIFs? Check out our favorite examples in our ‘Content Marketing Superheroes‘ post.