Riddle’s quiz creator makes it easy to quickly build online quizzes, polls, lists, and more. Awesome at engaging your audience or gathering emails and powering your marketing funnel, here’s how you can use Riddle to embed online quizzes on your site.
First off, at Riddle, we like to give you options… lots of options. Flexibility is a huge advantage – so you can adapt Riddle’s quiz maker to your particular site or marketing needs. When it comes to embedding your quiz, check out these five ways to publish and share your quiz masterpiece.
Embed online quizzes: Using our embed code
- Standard: Our recommended option, this embed code works for about 98% of the sites our community uses. It is fully responsive – built to seamlessly resize to any screen size. It doesn’t matter if your viewers are taking your quiz on their smartphone, tablet or desktop – your quizzes will automatically display at their best size. If you are using the hidden URL parameter fields in our drag and drop form builder, you need to use this code or that particular field is not going to work.
- AMP: Riddle works great on Google AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages). AMP is a bit more tricky to set up, but we got a whole help section on our AMP Quiz Maker for you here.
Embed online quizzes: WordPress
- Free WordPress plug-in: Is your site built using WordPress.org? You can use our plug-in and create all that Riddle awesomeness directly from within WordPress.org. Grab our free plug-in here – then follow the easy installation instructions.
- Note – for a tiny number of users, their WordPress themes don’t play nicely with Riddle’s plug-in. Don’t worry – you can also create a quiz directly on Riddle.com, then just paste our standard embed code directly into any page or post (using the text editor – not the visual).
Using the Riddle Showcase URL for quiz publishing
- And for those folks who either don’t have a site or just want a quick and easy way to share their Riddle quiz – you can share directly via the URL our system generates once you publish.
- Press the green ‘Publish’ button
- Copy and share the quiz URL (something like this: riddle.com/showcase/123456/quiz – but your quiz numbers will be different)
We recommend the other four options whenever you can. Once a quiz is on your site, our system can track and send all viral traffic back to you. For example, if User A posts on FB, User B sees and shares on Pinterest, and so on), our system knows your site – and directs these new users to you.
Sharing the Riddle URL directly (e.g. ‘riddle.com/showcase/123456/quiz’) skips this step – so your audience will all come back to Riddle, and not your site.
But we like to include this option as an easy alternative for people without a site – or if you just need a quick way to share a quiz with your audience without getting your web folks involved.
Hope that’s helpful – if you have any questions about how to embed quizzes on your site, just give us a shout via our support chat on Riddle or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. As big customer service geeks, we read and answer every message. 🙂