Creating a multi-poll
Introducing Riddle’s multi-poll! Polls are unrivalled at ‘quick hit’ audience engagement.
We’re excited to introduce our newest interactive format for our quiz maker – called the multi-poll.
Basically, it’s an opinion poll on steroids – we give you much more flexibility in terms of layout and structure… to better engage your audience.
Our standard opinion poll features just one question. Sure, that’s useful for many occasions – but our community asked us for more flexibility.
But now your multi-poll can have unlimited questions – boom! Ask a question – then keep asking more.
Strange but true – people loving taking longer polls. Why stop with just one question?
Multiple question types
Our standard opinion poll features only a single choice option (e.g. “What’s your favorite David Bowie album?”).
The multi-poll supports that – but also gives you a multiple voting option so you can let your users make X choices out of Y options (“Pick the 3 best Star Wars movies”). Users can use some or all of the votes for extra flexibility.
And you can also choose the ‘order your votes’ option – so you can have your audience rank their favorites. For example, “Rank your favorite Star Wars movies” could have them choose (1st: Empire Strikes Back, 2nd: Jedi, 3rd: Rogue One…).
The multi-poll also gives you more desktop layouts to choose from – to best match your site.
(Note: You can switch layouts with every question.)
- Vertical layout desktop: shows the 16:9 main image, then below shows a horizontal scrolling bar of choices.
- Horizontal layout: perfect for wide but narrow slots, the horizontal layout keeps every compact vertically. The main image and question are locked – and the user scrolls through the horizontal list of answer options.
- Column layout: Don’t want the horizontal scroll bar? Try our ‘column layout’ – which displays answers in a nice vertical list. (Got a long list? Try our ‘flexible height’ option – your poll will auto-expand to display all your choices, without the need for scrolling.)
- Mobile layout on desktop: the multi-poll uses a vertical format for a better user experience on smartphones. With this option, you can turn this on for your desktop users.
And more multi-poll options
- Set automatic open/close dates: You can have your poll automatically open, then close at any date and time.
- Reveal results (on or off): Decide if you want to immediate show results to each poll visitor, or wait, and reveal them later yourself in a future post or message (best for building suspense).
- Shuffle answer options: It’s a quirk of human nature that we tend to vote more often for the first few choices. Turning shuffle on will randomly mix all your answer options for each visitor – making a more statistically valid poll.
- Multiple voting: Our standard polls limit your users to one vote once per browser. But this option gives unlimited votes – perfect for getting loads of clicks from vote-happy fans!
- Multi-poll 2.0 – our multi-poll has been a big hit. We’ve taken the great feedback from our user community and created this super-flexible, super-powerful poll format. And we just made it even better. Now you can let your poll takers:
- Progress/navigation bar – useful for longer polls with multiple questions, now users can go back and forth in the multi-poll.
- Skip a question – sometimes poll takers might not have an opinion about a question. Now they can skip without voting.
- Advance to results – you can let your voters can go directly to the end.
- Auto-advance – a subtle but useful feature, poll takers move directly to the next question (without having to click ‘next’). Saves clicks and boosts engagement.
Multi-poll – new features log
October 27, 2020 – check out our new top bar navigation/progress bar, skip question, and poll result pages.
May 20, 2020 – we just added a ‘rank your choices’ option to our multi-poll. Instead of ‘pick your favorites’, now you can place your choices in order. Super cool – and super flexible. Take a look at this example poll.