Want to send your quiz takers to a specific page based on their quiz responses? It’s super easy with Riddle’s quiz result landing pages – no coding required.
Quizzes are a powerful way to qualify potential leads – with users answering questions based on their own experiences needs. Instead of just including links or call to action buttons, our partners wanted to automatically send each quiz taker to a URL based on their quiz results.
Some sample use cases:
- Product recommendations: Have your audience answer X questions, then take each to your product that matches their needs.
- Content discovery: Learn what each customer is interested in, then send them to the right content on your site.
- Qualifying leads: Save your sales team’s precious time. Got a hot lead? Show them your ‘request a demo’ page so you can close the sale. Someone just idly browsing? No need for a demo – just show them more product information.
Quiz result landing pages – the basics:
Here’s how the quiz experience would work for your audience:
- One of your audience starts taking your quiz.
- They are blown away by your quiz’s wit and insight.
- After the last question – they are automatically directed to any URL you specify.
- Simply add the URL you’d like them to visit (https:// only)
- Choose to have your quiz result landing page displayed within the Riddle iFrame as part of the quiz experience – or outside as a full web page.
- You can choose either different URLs depending on each user’s quiz responses – or one landing page for all quiz takers.
- Individual responses: in the ‘Create’ section, click on the ‘custom result page’ in any results
- Same URL for all quiz takers: in the ‘Advanced’ section, select and complete ‘Activate custom result landing page’ section.
For advanced users, you can also personalize the landing page – our quiz can tell your page each person’s name, quiz results, and other info directly on your site (ex. “Hi – you’re !”) It takes a little bit of coding expertise – but can be a very powerful customized quiz experience. Click here to read more in our blog.)
Quiz result landing pages – individual responses:
Want to show different URL based on each user’s quiz responses? We recommend using the quiz result landing pages section in each quiz result under the ‘create’ step.
Quiz result landing pages – same URL for all quiz takers:
For a simpler set up, you can send all users to the same URL – no matter what their quiz results were.
Just pop over to our ‘advanced’ section and enter your landing page URL there.
Note: This is a ‘quiz-wide’ setting – and will override your quiz result landing pages in the ‘create’ step.
Quiz result landing pages – use case:
Here’s an example of quiz result landing pages in action.
Imagine you’re a pasta entrepreneur – and offer pasta cooking tips and products through your site.
- You create and embed “The Pasta Fun Quiz” on your site.
- A Riddle lead gen form is included, as well as a custom result page.
- Your audience starts to take the quiz.
- After the last question and filling out the lead form, they land on your own custom result landing page.
- It displays their name and result – “Mama mia, Mike, you’re a pasta expert’!” with article and product recommendations from your site.
- You mention that ‘I noticed you’re a pasta expert – you answered you never need oil when cooking pasta. Check out my five suggested cookbooks to buy for expert chefs like you.’
- Simple, relevant to the user – and very effective.
Check out our one-question quiz example below:
Context is everything in converting users to paying customers.
We’ve seen conversion rates increase by 43% – showing each person quiz result landing page with the right information and messaging around their quiz answers.
Quiz result landing pages – technical requirements:
- A server where you can host your own result landing page
- A HTTPS domain (meaning you need to get a SSL Certificate for your domain). Hint, check out Let’s Encrypt . They offer free SSL Certificates and if you are running Plesk on your server, installing Let’s Encrypt is super easy and requires no tech skills as it comes as a one click Plesk Extension.
Quiz result landing pages – advanced options
Okay, the previous option showed how you to send people directly to any page you set up.
If you have a bit of PHP coding knowledge, there’s another possibility. It’s a bit geeky – but you’ll be able to dynamically take the quiz taker’s results (plus name & email if using our lead generation form), and display this automatically on your custom result landing page.
Ready to get started? Let’s watch this short video. explaining how you can build your own custom result landing page: