(UPDATED March 24, 2020)
Like Ferris Bueller said, “Life moves pretty fast…”
That’s especially true for a start up like Riddle. We’re constantly having to re-invent and adapt our business to stay healthy while continually adding features for our community.
Alas, that meant that we had to move away from offering a completely free option.
We listened to our customers – who love our tools but had some concerns about our ‘per view’ subscription model.
“What if our quiz goes massively viral? Will we have to pay lots of money that month?”
So, we responded by making things super simple.
We’ve now moved to features-based pricing.
Just pick the features you like for one flat monthly rate – then enjoy unlimited creation and traffic. You can see our new pricing here.
Each plan will feature:
- Unlimited creation – make and embed as many Riddles as you like
- Unlimited traffic – 1,000 views or 10 million – one low price
- Unlimited leads – no cap on the number of new leads and sign ups
However, we’ll no longer be offering a free entry level package. To cover our server costs, we’re asking you to support Riddle through a modest rate of $29 a month.
For the cost of just a few coffees, you can have all the power of Riddle (including MailChimp integration) – while helping us continue to grow and develop better tools.
Thanks for your patience with us – and keep your ideas and feedback coming to firstname.lastname@example.org… we read and respond to every message. 🙂
Nah, Riddle is free to use and we want it to stay that way.
Of course, we need to make money somehow (to pay for our servers and so we can eat more than mac ‘n cheese).
Here’s our plan:
- By popular request, we’re offering a paid option to remove the Riddle branding from your Riddles. (And don’t worry, you’ll still be able to create as many ‘normal’ Riddles as you like.)
- We’re absolutely committed to offering a great free experience – we have loads of ideas for upcoming new features, and have a simple philosophy. If it is important for a blogger or individual users, we will do our very best to make it free. If the feature is only useful for a bigger company, we will most likely charge for it.
- Here’s an example… so while we offer basic email address collection and sign ups for free, we’re asking for payment an extra feature like connecting lead generation forms directly to an in-house database – something our smaller creators will not really need but is super important for a bigger corporate user.
- Oh, there is one more thing. How about we pay you? (Weird, right?) Seriously, if you have a decent amount of traffic, we have some really cool ways for both of us to make money with your Riddles. If you think you can get more than one million views on your Riddles month, reach out to us at email@example.com – we’d love to chat.
We’re going to keep on adding loads of new features (yay!) – and down the road, some might end up being for paying users.
But you don’t have to worry about any surprises – if a feature is free today and is not marked with a * (for ‘trial feature’), it will stay free forever. Promise.
Thanks for reading! Any comments – please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org… we read and respond to every message. 🙂