Whew – what a year… 2017 was incredibly good to us at Riddle:
- 57 extra features
- Four additional quiz types
- Hundreds of amazing new partners
And through it all, we’ve been continually humbled by the continual support, ideas, and all-around great vibes from our community.
Now, we’ve taken another big step as a company – from January 1, 2018, we’ve moved from being the US-based “Riddle, Inc.” to the German-based “Riddle Technologies AG”.
Why the change?
- Starting May 2018, the EU’s new privacy regulation (the GDPR) will go live. (Haven’t heard about it? Check it out here.)
- It’s a huge change to online privacy – the implications are just now becoming apparent.
- The GDPR affect any company around the world who serves online content to EU citizens – with huge fines for non-compliance.
As part of making Riddle one of the world’s first GDPR-compliant quiz makers, we moved to the EU. Ou team knew that being based in the EU makes it much easier to comply.
What does this mean for you?
As a member of our Riddle community, you won’t notice many changes – but here are the highlights:
- Peace of mind – Riddle’s quiz maker is one less thing for your legal teams to worry about with the GDPR
- Local pricing – any new customers will see their plans in their local currency (USD, EUR, or GBP). All of our existing members will see their plans continue at their current rates.
- For example, you’re a British customer who signed up for our PRO plan at $49 in 2017. That will continue.
- New customers will see pricing at £49 a month (including VAT) – our old prices did not automatically include VAT.
- VAT included pricing – German law requires that we show pricing to any new Riddle customers from the EU that includes VAT.
- A Danish customer signing up for PRO will see 49 Euros. This price will include the 25% VAT.
- If you are a business residing in the EU, you should enter your company’s VAT ID – and have the VAT deducted automatically.
- UPDATED September 8, 2021: Riddle pricing now excludes VAT for EU customers.
- If you are an EU business with a valid VAT number, you can enter that – and have VAT automatically excluded (e.g. A French Pro monthly customer would be charged 69 euros)
- If you are based in the EU, without a VAT number, VAT would be added (e.g. The same French Pro monthly customer would pay 82.80 euros – which would be 69 euros plus 20% VAT [13.80].)
What’s coming in 2018…
2018 is shaping up to be another great year for our quiz maker as well.
We’re just weeks away from releasing Quiz Lead Generation 2.0 (beta) – a drag/drop form builder that easily connects to CRM tools, Google Docs, and more.
Here’s a sneak peek:
- More quiz types
- More quiz features
- More all-around quiz awesomeness
We’re pretty pumped about what’s coming… if you have any questions about how this might affect you, please drop us a line at email@example.com/blog and we’ll get right back to you.