We’ve all seen viral content – quizzes, personality tests or videos appear on our social media feeds. They might be just for fun or full of fascinating information. Whatever the content, they provide something that instantly clicks with people. So much so that they instantly share it with their friends.
Creating viral content involves a bit of experimentation. There’s no guarantee that something you think is compelling, funny or surprising is going to go viral. You have to create a few pieces of content and track the statistics to find a formula that works.
So when something you create does go viral it’s vital that you get the most out of this massive opportunity. It would be a tragedy to have your 15 minutes of fame only for everyone to forget about you afterwards!
Here’s a handy summary of how to extract the most value from your piece of viral content.
6 essential things to get right BEFORE your content goes viral
Know EXACTLY what you want to gain from your viral content
- Are you directing them to your web site or product?
- Do you want to grow an email list so you can continually contact these people?
- Do you want them to contact you?
Capture email addresses
Work out how you will process email addresses
Add a link to your sales page
Add your logo to the quiz
How to manage the fame!
- Will you acknowledge all social media mentions?
- Focus on answering direct queries?
- Or write your press release for immediate dispatch while the buzz is still there?
- Briefly running around screaming with delight is also completely acceptable!
Your first step to creating viral content starts here – with Riddle. Try our quiz maker for free for 14 days – no credit card needed!