Opinion Stage and Riddle are two of the most well-known quiz creators on the market today. Now your business needs are unique – there’s no one ‘right’ answer about which platform you should choose. We compiled this quiz maker review to help you decide what are the most important features for your business.
(We’re big fans of being transparent – as founders of Riddle, we’re obviously proud of our quiz creator. But Opinion Stage is a solid option as well – we’ve kept this impartial to help guide you to the best decision for your business needs.)
Quiz maker review: pricing model
Riddle and Opinion Stage are SaaS (software as a service) sites – offering monthly and annual subscription options.
|BASIC plan||$19 / month||$29 / month
|PRO/SMB plan||$49 / month||$99 / month|
|ENTERPRISE plan||$249 / month||Call for demo and pricing|
Opinion stage offers four plans while Riddle offers three. The main difference is that Riddle is an ‘unlimited’ service while Opinion Stage puts caps on how many people can take your quizzes or leads you can gather.
|Unlimited users?||Yes||No - varies by plan|
|Unlimited leads?||Yes||No - varies by plan|
Quiz maker review: how many quiz types?
A good quiz creator is a flexible platform – offering a range of interactive content options to engage you audience. Opinion Stage and Riddle both go beyond the traditional right/wrong quiz.
Opinion Stage offers six types – while Riddle has eight distinct quiz variants including:
- Ranked lists – make your list democratic and let you audience upvote their favorites
- The ‘interactive story‘ – unique to Riddle, you can use conditional logic to show each user different questions depending on their individual answers.
|Reaction poll (slider)||Yes||No|
|Interactive story (branching)||Yes||No|
Quiz maker review: customization and branding
We totally get it – your site is your pride and joy. Your site is your business’ online face to the world – and you spent blood, sweat, and tears choosing the perfect colors, font, and design.
Any quiz that you embed needs to look just as polished and professional. Opinion Stage and Riddle tackle this in different ways.
- Opinion Stage gives their lower two level uses access only to preset themes. Only users on their $99 and up plans get full access to hex-specific colors.
- Riddle takes a different approach – we offer a full range of colors and fonts across our plans. Even the entry BASIC option gives full font and color choices.
|100% white label (no branding)||PRO & ENTERPRISE||SMB & ENTERPRISE|
|Customize all colors||Yes||SMB & ENTERPRISE only|
|Add custom footer for legal links||Yes||No|
|Custom CSS to match site||ENTERPRISE||ENTERPRISE|
|Save all customizations as a template||ENTERPRISE||No|
Quiz maker review: email capture and lead generation
Savvy online marketers like Ryan Levesque know that quizzes and other interactive content are brilliant at powering your marketing funnel. Turning passive readers into active participants means they’re emotionally engaged with your site. It’s a great opportunity to present offers and collect email addresses.
- Lead generation – segment and qualify new customers based on their quiz responses, then automatically send them the right follow up message
- Contests – challenge your readers to prove their knowledge with a quiz like “Score 80% or more for a chance to win!”
|Native integrations with Aweber and Mailchimp?||All plans||No|
|Connect to any system (Zapier, webhook)||All plans||No|
|Data export||All plans||ENTERPRISE|
|Gated results||All plans||No|
Opinion Stage and Riddle both let you gather emails and user responses. The key differences?
- Pricing – Opinion Stage put caps on how many leads you can gather based on plans. Riddle is unlimited.
- Connectivity – Opinion Stage offers manual downloads of leads by CSV or XLS files. Riddle does as well – but also offers native integrations with your Aweber and MailChimp accounts and lets you connect your quiz to any data system with our Zapier and webhook options.
Quiz maker review: free to try?
Free trials are a key step for evaluating any quiz creator platform – you want to be sure that it will meet your unique needs.
Both Riddle and Opinion Stage offer free trials – but Opinion Stage adds some painful extra steps.
- Riddle: full featured 14 day trail with no credit card required.
- Opinion stage: 7 days only, and credit card required
- (We don’t agree with this philosophy – we know how easy it is to forget to cancel a trial and get charged.)
Hope you found this comparison helpful!
Want to get started on Riddle? Just click ‘Create a quiz‘ to give Riddle’s quiz maker a try.
Ask us anything at firstname.lastname@example.org*- we’re big customer service geeks and super fast to respond!*
*Okay – one caveat… we’re based in Europe – and are online from 2am to 5pm EST / 7am to 10pm GMT. We need to sleep sometime after all! 😉