Quiz marketing can help marketers with their toughest challenge – standing out in an increasingly crowded online marketplace.
Almost every business has a site these days (83.4% in the UK, for example) and they’re all competing for potential customers’ attention.
How do you break free of the noise – especially on a budget, and without having to hire an agency or expensive coders?
Savvy brands know all about quiz marketing:
I though quizzes wouldn’t work. I was wrong – my first quiz got a 68% opt-in rate… 10X better than my previous email collection tools.
– Merilyn Beretta, Founder of LeadYourWorld
Quiz marketing – the basics
First, let’s clear up a few things – we (and many people) use the word ‘quiz’ as a catchall term – for any interactive content centered around a question/answer format.
Riddle’s a highly flexible quiz marketing toolkit – we feature 15 formats to help you engage your audience, from quizzes to personality tests, lists, and polls.
Need inspiration? You can take our ‘What type of quiz should I create?’ tool to help guide you.
How to use quizzes for marketing?
As a marketer, you’ll need to create content across a range of quiz marketing use cases, including:
- Engagement: Catch your visitors’ attention and get them to click and engage. This turns your passive into active, clicking users.
- Data collection: Collect deep, insightful data about each quiz taker – using a quiz lead generation form. Quizzes average 6-10 questions, and are a powerful way to automatically segment and follow up with potential customers.
- Contests: Quizzes also make it easy to quickly create quiz contests and promotions – challenging your audience around what they know. Check out this quiz contest example by the NBA’s Chicago Bulls. You could do the same – ask 6-8 questions – and only people who score 80% are entered. People love to show off what they know for a chance to win.
- Audience feedback: Polls and surveys (like this BBC example) are quick and easy ways to learn more about your audience and make them feel heard. Product folks: Want to learn about who uses your services? Create a survey. Sports teams: How about ‘Who was the best player in last night’s game?’ Create a poll.
Monetize your quiz traffic
Another side benefit to all this engagement? You’re going to get more traffic – a lot more traffic.
Riddle makes it easy to insert your own banner or video ads into your quizzes – turning quizzes into revenue generators.
(Unlike a bunch of quiz maker tools, we never, ever run our own ads in your quizzes.)
- Insert your own banner ads: Simple and classic, you can place your own banners above or below your quiz. (Learn more)
- Place video ads: Video ads are flat-out awesome; they pay the most – or you can also use to promote a sponsored quiz for things like movie launches. Your quiz takers will see the video before their result – when they’re most committed, translating into 90% view rates. (Learn more)
- Refresh ads on your page: Already running ads on your page? You can easily set things up so that every 2-3 questions, our quiz will trigger your page to show a new set of ads. At 6-10 questions per quiz, that can triple your ad inventory. (Learn more)
And of course, we support Facebook pixels and Google Tag Manager – so you can measure and optimize your quiz marketing budgets.
Easier (and cheaper) to attract traffic
Quizzes have awesome clickthrough rates – when you use them in ads. Plus they convert better (remember that 35-45% opt-in rate we mentioned).
That translates into quiz marketing being a highly cost-effective way to attract traffic to your site – and convert them to happy customers.
We’ve reduced our acquisition costs by 60% with Riddle. It enables us to engage people better – which means they convert (buy!) far more often.
Founder of The Hair Fuel
Any questions around quiz marketing?
Our co-founders Mike and Boris have been creating quizzes since 2001 – all told, our Riddle team has over 40 years combined quiz marketing experience.
So ask us anything – you can hit us on support chat or email (email@example.com). We’re super-fast to respond to every message – you’ll most likely get an answer back in under two minutes flat.