Quiz Lead Generation 2.0 – connecting to MailChimp
It’s easy to send your Riddle quiz leads directly to MailChimp – so you can send personalized emails based around each quiz taker’s responses.
We designed Riddle as an easy to use, flexible quiz platform – ideal for powering your own quiz marketing funnel.
Why use Riddle & Mailchimp?
Quizzes and other interactive content are powerful marketing tools – your potential clients are actively clicking and engaged.
Add a lead form – and you can use all that data to your MailChimp account, automatically sending the perfect follow up message to each user.
Sample use cases
We’ve seen some creative ways marketers use Riddle and MailChimp over the years. Here are some of our favorites:
- Special offers based on quiz results – Forget one coupon for all users. Savvy sellers use our personality test to suggest the right products for each user – then present them a special coupon for those items.
- Contests and promotions – It’s easy to challenge your audience to a quiz contest where only people who get a certain result (“Score 90% or better to win!”) are entered.
- Send detailed quiz reports by email – This is a great way to give a compelling reason to fill in your quiz lead form. You can show a short snippet in your Riddle quiz – and send more a more in-depth analysis by email.
7 steps: Sending Riddle quiz leads to MailChimp
Here’s how you can get going:
- Create a list in your MailChimp account – with the fields you want to collect.
- Add text fields for each field like ‘Quiz result’, ‘Quiz description’ etc. – and make them hidden.
- Go to Riddle and in the ‘Collect leads’ step of your quiz – click ‘Connect’
- Select ‘MailChimp’
- Map your Riddle form fields to your existing list fields in your software.
- Note: To link to quiz responses and results, just scroll down to the ‘dynamic data’ section.
Video: Getting started with MailChimp & Riddle
Here’s a video overview of setting up your MailChimp integration with Riddle’s quiz maker:
(Optional) Automate follow up email messages:
Once the leads are in your MailChimp account, you might want to set up campaigns that automatically send messages to users.
MailChimp just rolled their handy ‘Customer Journey’ feature – that’s brilliant for things like this.
Video overview – segmenting quiz leads with MailChimp
Check out how this video overview we whipped up – about sending different messages to leads, based on their quiz responses:
Mailchimp automation options
Mailchimp’s a pretty flexible tool – so you have several options about sending targeted emails to each leads, depending on how they answered your quiz.
- Send the same template message to all users –
- Select ‘Campaign’ in MailChimp – then choose ‘regular email’.
- Pick your list as the recipients.
- Customize the content of the email
- Go automated – sending different messages based on responses
- Select ‘automated’ in the ‘Campaign’ section of MailChimp
- Design your email template and text for your message
- Next – click on ‘edit trigger’
- This is your chance to tell MailChimp when to send this message to a particular user.
- Click on list management > ‘changed list field to value’
- Select your quiz result variable in the dropdown – and paste the text of your quiz result.
- Any time a new subscriber with this exact quiz result joins you list – they will be sent this message.
- Repeat these steps to create automated campaigns for each of the other quiz results.
Other ways to send Riddle leads
Right, so we hope you found this guide on setting up Riddle and MailChimp helpful.
We also support several other options:
- Zapier – connect to 3,000 software tools, no coding required
- Webhook – free, send all quiz data and leads directly to any software (some coding needed)
Any questions @ MailChimp and Riddle?
Please just give us a shout if we can help in any way. You can reach us on support chat or email (email@example.com).
We’re lightning-fast, and read and respond to every message – often in under two minutes flat.