Why use ‘call to action’ buttons?
You can add call to action buttons to any Riddle test, list, or poll – perfect for presenting special offers targeted to their quiz results.
It’s easy – AND effective. An average of 13% of all quiz takers click on them – compared to 0.1% for typical banner ads.
Call to action quiz buttons – how do they work?
We’ve made Riddle to be super flexible, so you have two options:
- present the same offer to all quiz or personality test takers
- show different offers based on each person’s results.
Option 1 – present the same offer to all users:
- Go to the ‘Customize‘ step in the quiz creation process
- Click on ‘Call to action’ to add a customizable ‘buy now’ button to the last page of your quiz.
- Fully customizable, you can change the color, location, and look and feel – to match your site’s look and feel.
- Imagine you run a travel site. You could place a ‘Save 25% on Hawaii vacations’ button (or Paris, Africa, etc.) at the end of your ‘What’s my dream trip?’ quiz.
- Your ‘buy now’ button would link to your site’s purchase page for their holiday package (we used Wikitravel in our example).
Option 2 – Different offers based on quiz responses:
- In the ‘Create‘ step, go to each result type for your quiz or personality test
- Click the ‘Call to action’ switch for each result.
- Add in compelling text. For example, in our vacation example – you could show ‘Save 25% on your Hawaii holiday’ to beach lovers, and ‘Save 25% on your Paris getaway’
- Just like our example above, these buttons will display in the user’s results screen – when they’re most ready to act.
- Note: you can’t mix and match CTA settings. Option 1 is a quiz-wide setting and will override any individual CTA buttons you set using option 2.
Call to action buttons – video overview:
Call to action quiz buttons – best practices
There’s almost no limit to how you use ‘call to action’ buttons. They’re perfectly placed to capture your audience’s attention. Coming at the end of your Riddle quiz, your readers have just received their results and are now subconsciously thinking ‘What’s next?’.
We’ve seen our community leverage this to their advantage, adding ‘call to action’ buttons to promote:
- Sales – offer discounts on specific products that match each user’s quiz results
- Sign ups – get more subscribers to newsletters
- Suggested content – promote additional articles, around the audience’s tastes
Right – that’s enough for now. We hope that you’re as excited as we are about this new feature on Riddle’s quiz creator. Big thanks to our community who suggested this!