Riddle is a highly accessible quiz maker – both for your audience and quiz creators.
Since 2017, we have worked closely with the BBC (world leaders in implementing accessibility for their audience) to add the following improvements for both your hearing/vision/motor-skill impaired audience AND quiz creators.
The first online, fully accessible quiz maker
On the creator side we now support leading accessible technologies, to help you create a wide range of quiz, poll, personality test, and survey formats.
- J.A.W.S. (Job Access With Speech) support – the world’s leading screenreader
- Dragon Text to Speech software – makes text entry for people easier who find typing or other data entry methods difficult.
- Keyboard navigation – the use of a computer mouse or track pad can be problematic for some users, so Riddle’s quiz creator is designed to be fully navigable by keyboard commands.
- ZoomText – easily magnify text for people with impaired vision.
For your audience of quiz takers – we’ve gone even further with our accessible quiz maker:
- Alt-tags – add descriptive text for screen readers to say aloud (visually impaired)
- Hyper-legible font – you can use the Braille Institute’s Atkinson Hyper-legible font in your riddles, to improve readability through increased letterform distinction.
- Tab accessibility – your audience can tab through your embedded quiz (motor-skill impaired)
- Button highlights – change the color of a button when selected (visual/motor skills)
- URL link/button borders – adds a color border to text hyperlinks and buttons for better visual definition (visually impaired)
Accessibility = always evolving
Please note: We know making an accessible quiz maker is never ‘finished’.
Standards constantly change (like the WCAG 2.0) as technology evolves at lightning-speed.
We’re always looking to improve our tools – if you have any feedback, please just drop us a note on our support chat.
Our cofounders and devs read and respond to every message.
Any questions @ our accessible quiz maker?
Please let us know – via support chat or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re passionate about creating a truly accessible quiz maker, and we’d love to learn how we can make Riddle more accessible for your quiz creators or your audience… your help would be super helpful!