Riddle.com is a leading SaaS marketing platform used by a global audience to create quizzes, personality tests, surveys, polls, and more. Our users range from consultants and small business owners to leading brands like the BBC, Burda, CNN, and professional sports teams like the Chicago Bulls.
Our headquarter is in Saarbrücken Germany, with additional offices in Bremerhaven, Germany, and Oxford, United Kingdom.
We are selling an intuitive self-service SaaS product that’s powerful and flexible for engagement marketing, lead generation, contests, and more.
We’re unique in the space with our ‘no limits’ pricing models and 100% GDPR-compliant software. All of our servers, software, and other data collection are EU-based – that’s a key differentiator for DACH customers.
All of our plans also feature unlimited usage, data capture, and traffic, making it an easy and affordable business decision for companies to switch to our quiz maker.
As a front end developer you will be developing new features for our quiz maker. You will have the ability to bring your own ideas to the table and also will get to implement features for leading global brands or sports teams. Imagine seeing content you created on the homepage of your favorite football team.
You will join our team of experienced and highly skilled front end developers and will receive hands on training. We will expect you to work on your own small projects within a month after joining.
We expect you to be a self-starter and creative coder. You need to have a solid understanding and a deep love for beautiful user interfaces and user experiences as you will not work off strict designs. You will be given lots of creative freedom to build something awesome.
You should bring this to the table:
- Fluency in German, ideally this is your native language
- Good understanding of English. If you can read this job post without using Deepl, your English is good enough. If you don’t know what Deepl is, don’t bother applying.
- A good understand of these core technologies:
- Vue 3
- Pinia (vue store)
If you have not worked with Vue just yet but have solid knowledge in other JS Frameworks, you can still apply. We are happy to train you on Vue.
Your workplace and benefits
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity. We welcome applications regardless of background, gender, age, religion, and sexual orientation – or any other characteristic.
At Riddle, we firmly believe that work is not the meaning of life. We all enjoy our jobs but we enjoy our time with family and friends even more.
As part of this culture, you’ll be able to choose between working a full 5 day / 40 hour week or a 4 day / 32 hour week. You’ll also get to decide how you structure your workday. For example, you can start at 11 in the morning and work later into the evening, or start at 5am and finish earlier.
Maybe you want to opt-in to a four day / 32 hour work week – then decide to work 6.5 hours a day for five days.
It’s all about freedom AND responsibility.
As long as you meet your objectives we won’t tell you what to do.
Initially, you would be expected to work every day from our office in downtown Saarbrücken while we get you up to speed. Once you are fully trained, you can work from home for 2 or 3 days per week. The entire team always meets in the office on Monday for lunch and a good chat, so we’d expect you to be in the office on Monday.
We will provide you with:
- A shiny new laptop – your choice. Forget a corporate IT department picking your computer. You pick the model (Mac or Windows) that’s right for you.
- A nifty new mobile phone – same thing. You choose the ideal smartphone for your needs.
- The freedom to make your own decisions about how to do your job
- Free barista coffee, tea, water and fruit in the office
- Free use of our personal trainer in case you want to stay in shape. (Our trainer is a former 400m hurdle vice European champion – we promise that her training will take you to your limits!)
- 30 days vacation (if you opt-in to the 5 day work week)
After your probation, you will also receive:
- A “Job Rad” – traditional bike or e-Bike, fully paid by us
- A Givve Lunch and Givve Credit card. Meaning, we will subsidize your lunches up to the legal maximum and you will get EUR 50 in tax free spending money on your Givve credit card
- A free gym membership with our partner gym FitX (close to the office)
Sound intriguing? Think you have the flexibility, creativity, and drive to make a big impact with Riddle?
We’d love to hear from you.
Fill in this form and attach your CV – and if you’re a good fit, we’ll be in touch.